You are responsible for:
As the plastics lead, you will be responsible for the design of various plastic ventilator parts (precision air path, internal structures as well as exterior cosmetic parts). You will use your plastics expertise to provide support to other NPI engineers as well as to the Sustaining engineering team. Other tasks include DfM (design for manufacturing) reviews, developing test plans, identifying and implementing cost reductions, perform make vs. buy analyses, review vendor process validation protocols/reports, review injection mold tool design.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Plastics Engineering
- 15+ years’ experience in design and analysis of plastic injection molded parts
- Have in depth knowledge of modern engineering resins
- Knowledge of injection mold tool design & components
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Proficiency with solid modeling CAD software (Pro-E/Creo a plus)
- Experience with FEA and mold flow analysis
- Familiarity with secondary operations (inserts, over molding, machining)
- Good mechanical aptitude and solid understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
Other desired skills (but not required):
· Degree in material science
· Familiar with DOE’s (design of experiments)
· Experience in an injection molding environment
· Experience designing injection mold tooling
· Familiar with process validation via the IQ/OQ/PQ validation system
· Familiarity with PFMEA, and APQP.
· 3+ years’ experience in a regulated manufacturing industry. Medical device manufacturing experiencepreferred.
· Familiarity with FDA quality systems including ISO13485, 21CFR Part820 (a plus)
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.