Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and--above all--connections. Salesforce.org gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits and educators so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good. We're here to help; visit us at Salesforce.org.
We're looking for exceptional candidates to join the Salesforce.org Solution Engineering team as a Principal Enterprise Architect. If you possess intellectual curiosity, great problem solving skills and an unwavering belief that the right technology can solve any problem then you are the ideal candidate for the job.
A successful Principal Enterprise Architect has strong technical experience and enjoys designing transformational solutions and working directly with customers to meet their business needs. They are a passionate CRM consultant and believe in modernizing CRM by transforming Customers to the Salesforce platform. They will have responsibility for creating/sharing/collaborating on materials to support sales and delivery, a deep understanding of other competitive offerings and insight as to where the market is headed across all aspects of CRM Transformation.
The Prinicpal Enterprise Architect is responsible for aligning the solution strategy of our cloud based solutions and technologies with our nonprofit and higher education customers. These technologies include--but are not necessarily limited to Salesforce.com App Cloud, Force.com and Database.com APIs, Apex/Visualforce, Heroku, Identity, integration and mobile development technologies. This role is pivotal in driving internal and external awareness of our enterprise security and service delivery technology. A candidate fitting this role will also maintain an ongoing comprehensive understanding of the cloud computing ecosystem and supporting technologies.
The Prinicpal Enterprise Architect will act as a domain expert to sales teams on the Salesforce platform and how it fits into an enterprise IT architecture. With a broad IT background the Enterprise Architect will be comfortable discussing and demonstrating all aspects of the Salesforce platform including hosting infrastructure, security, integration and declarative/programmatic extensions to IT audiences up to CIO/CTO level. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills the Prinicpal Enterprise Architect uses a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements and to help the sales teams develop and refine a technical sales strategy and Salesforce solution fit. The Prinicpal Enterprise Architect will also participate in the delivery of product and best practices educational sessions to existing customers and the broader Platform as a Service market.
Typical day in the life:
* Advise CIO/CTO level contacts and their IT teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
* Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
* Understand the customer need and establish company's product as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements
* Build and present customized demos using the declarative and programmatic capabilities of the Platform
* Conduct technical workshops and education sessions
* Manage customer technical due diligence and risk management processes
* Work closely with other elements of the Salesforce organization, e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives
* Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents
* Provide regular technical enablement to cross functional roles in the Salesforce.org organization
* Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
* Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
* B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS
* A good understanding of the architectural principles of web based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
* Understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
* A good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management
* A good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications
* Architectural and development experience of Web Services