Careers that Change Lives
The Principle Electrical Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the electrical/controls support of various manufacturing areas within the General Surgical Products Focus Factory of Medtronic. This includes being the project lead in cost savings, manufacturing process improvements, assembly equipment retrofit projects and new equipment procurement.
The Prin. Electrical Engineer will:
· Follow and help develop new company’s best practices and standard procedures.
· Communicate technically with various internal departments to ensure that equipment is in compliance with EHS requirements and the equipment provided makes high quality assemblies to meet all product requirements.
· Be responsible for providing all documentation required to support assembly equipment. This includes but is not limited to operating instructions, electrical schematics, specifications, parameter settings, software backups etc.
· Will assist in writing and execution of IQ protocol challenges
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Create and provide equipment specifications to vendors for quoting automated and manual equipment.
· Review equipment quotes, leads design reviews and work with project teams to provide custom assembly equipment.
· Key participant in DFMEA, PFMEA, Machine Risk Assessments, and CTQ processes assuring specifications are well defined and documented.
· Troubleshoot PLC’s, Electrical Schematics, Vision systems and Robotics.
· Assure production requirements are achieved for equipment specifications, supplier selection, and qualification.
· Conceptual contributor for technology advances associated with automation and process development.
· Communicate and coordinate activities with multiple functional groups both within and outside of operations.
· 25% travel to manufacturing sites and supplier visits required. (International and domestic).
· Provide technical support to maintenance as required
· Address appropriately related manufacturing issues on a daily basis as need requires
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
Bachelor's Degree Required (in related discipline)
· Dynamic, positive attitude
· Strong electrical/control design experience with focus on conformance to NFPA standards
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Solid presentation and computer skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Projects/AutoCad, etc. )
· Strong project management skills.
· Experience in automated assembly equipment
· Solid experience in trouble shooting equipment using conventional diagnostic tools and PLC software.
· Experience with Rockwell PLC’s /Safety PLC’s (SLC/CompactLogix and ControlLogix Platforms) and supporting development software
· Experience with Rockwell HMI’s and associated development software
· Experience in 6 axis joint and SCARA robotics and associated development software
· Experience with vision systems (Cognex/Adept preferred)
· Experience with servo and stepper motion control amplifiers controllers and positon feedback devices
· Experience with machine risk assessment methodology and requiredelectrical safety circuitry