The candidate will:
- Develops parallel data-intensive systems using Big Data technologies.
- Works with the full open source Hadoop stack from cluster management, to data repositories, to analytics software, to schedulers.
- Works in on-premises or public cloud environments to build scalable systems.
- Determines the appropriate database given the data and analytics needs, whether file structures such as HDFS, relational databases including NewSQL, non- relational NoSQL databases including in-memory databases.
- Optimizes the distribution of data across nodes and the performance of NoSQL repositories. Identifies performance bottle-necks and evaluates scaling benchmarks.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Clearance required TS/SCI with Poly
- U.S. citizenship required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or closely-related discipline required and nine (9) years or more experience; of progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, data warehousing, Big Data analytics, or data visualization
- Or; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience;
- Or; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- Experience is required in the following technologies and languages:
- Web frameworks, open source visualization technologies, interactive visualizations
- Source code control systems
- Relational databases
- Experience with WebGL, open-source container and resource management, web/proxy servers, and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with development and use of government data analysis tools
- Demonstrated success working in Agile development environments Experience