In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment to further Mercury Systems' advanced, custom microelectronics solutions by developing verification solutions (inspection, analysis, test, demonstration) across methodology, process, and equipment while exceeding expectations for our commercial, industrial, and military customers.
- Research, design, evaluate, and oversee verification (inspection, analysis, test, demonstration) of complex microelectronic components and assemblies: multi-chip-modules, systems-in-package, etc.
- Develop verification solutions for mixed-signal (thousands of pins) and RF (up to 40GHz freq), microelectronic assemblies and their constituent parts including: multiple die/chiplets, interposers, Ball-Grid-Array (BGA) substrates, printed-wiring-boards, packages, and materials
- Develop and perform verification of electrical, mechanical, and material properties. E.g. signal integrity, power integrity, interfaces, environmental effects, Electro-Static Discharge (ESD), etc.
- Design, integrate, and utilize test equipment solutions from bench-top to full station applications and optimize existing test programs to improve performance, throughput, etc.
- Develop verification/test specifications and performs operational, maintenance, and testing procedures for electronic products, components, and equipment (including test equipment)
- Work with development test engineers to transfer new programs to production
- Port test programs to other test platforms
- Conduct independent technical investigations involving the origination or modification of component, subsystem, system, and process specifications and requirements
- Support multidisciplinary research and collaboration across engineering disciplines, operations, supply chain, quality, contracts, management, and other supporting organizations
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Considers the effects of decisions / actions on the system as a whole. I.e. "Systems-thinking"
- Manages and/or has technical responsibility for planning, organizing, scheduling, budgeting, and conducting technical projects or phases of projects involving development of verification/test solutions
- Supports project management, capital planning, and project execution
- Develop solutions to product and process problems and issues
- May act as informal team lead
- May provide work leadership and/or training for lower-level professional and technical staff. E.g. train operators in proper equipment use
- Provide technical interface to customers, subcontractors, assemblers, fabricators, consultants, and vendors/suppliers as applicable on verification solutions
- Willing to help the team in areas outside of specific technical discipline to accomplish goals
You will be a part of:
The Custom Microelectronics Solutions (CMS) team responsible for the rapid development of affordable, chip-scale, and secure, open system architecture devices for our customers. This leading-edge capability also addresses a need by the Department of Defense (DoD) for made-in-USA microelectronics that equip our warfighters with state-of-the-art, military-grade products that leverage the most advanced commercial technologies.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline
- 7 Years in verification/test domain
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- Subject matter expertise in verification/test domain
- Experience across analog, digital, and RF/microwave domains
- Experience writing test programs on Automated Test Equipment (ATE) platforms - Advantest (93K)
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug test issues (hardware, software, and firmware)
- Manage large projects or processes -- Help establish core verification setup/SOPs
- Work effectively individually and as part of a team with little oversight
- Good time management, communication (verbal & written), decision-making, and organization skills
- Coach, review, and delegate work to other professionals
- Influence others regarding policies, practices, and procedures
- Embrace the company culture that includes the following values and behaviors:
- Teamwork, execution, and communication
- Integrity, trust, customer focus, commitment, and a sense of urgency
- Delivering results, innovation, helping and caring for others, recognizing and rewarding success, and life-long learning
- Understanding of RF and Microwave network characteristics using s-parameters (Preferred)
- Experience supporting a clean room and/or a production test floor (Preferred)
- Ability to read and understand schematics (Preferred)
- Experience with the following toolsets / platforms:
- Test equipment: meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum and network analyzers, power supplies, switch matrices, etc.
- Environmental test equipment: thermal chambers, shock & vibration stations, etc.
- Production test methods: e.g. Highly Accelerated Life Test (HALT), High Highly Accelerated Stress Screen (HASS), etc.
- Atlassian tool suite including Confluence and Jira
- Teradyne systems (Magnum PV, J994, Megatest, UltraFLEX) (Preferred)
- LabView programming language (Preferred)
Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is the leader in making trusted, secure mission-critical technologies profoundly more accessible to the aerospace and defense industries. Optimized for customer and mission success, our innovative solutions power more than 300 critical aerospace and defense programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., and with manufacturing and design facilities around the world, Mercury specializes in engineering, adapting and manufacturing new solutions purpose-built to meet the industry's current and emerging high-tech needs. Our employees are committed to Innovation that Matters®.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.