You will be a key member of Medtronic’s Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (MITG) Business Unit new product development team working to commercialize a Surgical Robotics Platform.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
A Day in the Life
As a Software Verification Engineer you will use your broad understanding of software verification techniques for medical or other regulated systems. You will utilize your proficiency in C++, operating systems, and electro-mechanical devices.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
You must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, preferably software related: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of software verification experience or Masters Degree plus 5 years related experience.
• Experience with Medical Product verification and FDA guidance.
• Thorough understanding of creating test protocols for verifying software requirements.
• Ability to create test automation infrastructure, and plan for automated regression testing.
• Experience testing complex electro-mechanical devices controlled by software.
• Experience with embedded RTOS and knowledge of C and C++.
• Ability to work with QA to ensure testing meets Quality and Regulatory needs.
• Ability to manage, track and upgrade multiple hardware and software configurations.
• Ability to work with Systems, Mechanical, Electrical and Software engineers when discovering, documenting, and resolving integration issues.
Nice to Have