Want to become part of a team of world-class User Experience (UX) engineers, defining the future of Security products and services? This role is a key part of a team delivering our current and next generation UX services. We are looking for bright candidates that can help us build future Forcepoint solutions which will provide our customers with the tools to Defend, Detect, Decide and Defeat Internet based threats. As a Senior UX Designer you’ll be engaged in a variety of development activities (often simultaneously), planning and conducting these activities with minimal supervision. You will also help to ensure UX is integrated throughout the development process, collaborate with team members and help establish a new breed of best-in-class security products. Essential Functions
- Conducting a full range of UX activities without the need for direct supervision
- Customer Site Visits
- Requirements gathering
- User Research
- Task Analysis
- Low-Fidelity & High-Fidelity Prototyping
- Creation of User Stories
- Information Architecture
- Participating in Heuristic Evaluations & Ethnographic Studies
- Collaboration with other UX team members, Developers, Quality Assurance, and User Assistance writers
- Ability to conceptualize short-term needs as well as big-picture vision
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Degree in the field of Cognitive Science, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interactive Design (IxD, Psychology, Software Engineering, Design or other applicable area, or equivalent work experience)
- 7+ years industry work experience in a UX-related role, or advanced degree
- Experience interviewing users for the purposes of informing a design process
- Experience designing information architectures or diagramming site navigation
- Experience sketching ideas for a new product on a whiteboard or paper.
- Experience using Axure, Omnigraffle, Visio, Balsamiq, Sketch, Invision or similar
- Have participated in a full product cycle, seeing your work through from concept to launch
- Familiarity with usability heuristics and reviewing products using this methodology
- Experience independently running and writing up task-based usability tests. Familiarity with usability testing protocols.
- Experience writing high quality, structured reports and papers
- Ability to present ideas and concepts to internal stakeholders and customers
- Strong English language skills
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Experience with conducting customer surveys and data analysis.
- Familiarity with methods associated with a user-centered design process.
- Sound Computer Science knowledge, preferably with security and/or networking products.
- Prior work experience with Enterprise-class products.
- Prior experience as a Senior or Lead UX Designer across multiple products.