Cloudera is looking for a Principal UX Designer to help us architect world-class user experiences for a highly technical audience. You will join a tight growing team responsible for delivering Cloudera's end to end user experience. This role requires an individual to work closely with multiple internal stakeholders to gather requirements, and deliver a user experience of the highest quality across web interfaces.
At Cloudera, our goal is to make each individual feel empowered and valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day.
In this position you will…
- Conduct UI/UX research and usability studies.
- Design user flows, wireframes, and pixel perfect design solutions to satisfy product requirements.
- Create high fidelity prototypes that demonstrate user flows and design solutions.
- Participate in design reviews to collect feedback from stakeholders.
- Contribute to and maintain design pattern libraries.
- Deliver pixel specs and supporting assets to development team.
- Iterate on existing application features to improve usability and drive key metrics.
- Assist in the planning and estimating of design activities, participating in broader workflow coordination and setting of expectations.
- Help to define and implement web best practices.
- 8+ years of professional experience in UX design, UI design, product design, and/or web application design.
- Portfolio exhibiting the ability to conceptualize and demonstrate visual communication skills. Examples of process and design approach is highly recommended.
- Strong understanding of user centered design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to enterprise software and web-based applications.
- Mastery of design principles with a firm understanding of grid systems, typography, and color.
- A strong attention to detail and consistency in design.
- Strong collaborator experienced in working with cross-functional, international teams.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- A firm grasp of systems design and how it can be applied to web applications and platforms.
- Experience in, and understanding of rapid prototyping.
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and associated prototyping tools.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field is required.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are required.
You might also have…
- Experience in coordinating and conducting usability studies.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, jQuery, and mobile centric design patterns
- Experience designing for closed proprietary platforms such as AEM, Salesforce, and/or Lithium
- Proficient in conducting qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience designing for machine learning and AI applications
- Knowledge and experience with animation and motion graphics