We are seeking a Principal User Experience (UX) Designer to be responsible for leading the product development team in creating intuitive and innovative user experiences for websites and digital products. The Principal UX Designer will work across the user experience domain, including research (user interviews, ethnography, persona development), design (sketching, group ideation, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping), documentation (wire framing and specification writing), and user testing.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Set vision for, and deliver outstanding digitalexperiences across channels for specific products while solving for some of the most complex problems in digital health.
- Expertly translate business requirements into product requirements that create real and enduring value, evidenced by lasting relationships with our consumers.
- Lead in the creation and adoption of agile UX processes, and initiatives for improve UX team design processes.
- Lead the development and maintenance of design mockups, user flows, wireframe, detailed specifications and other design documents as needed.
- Prototype concept designs and validate design direction with appropriate user and stakeholder input.
- Plan and attend a wide range of user-centered research projects including usability testing, contextual and stakeholder interviews.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership role with emphasis in web and mobileexperience design.
- Mastered and mentoring in at least one of visual design, interaction design, information architecture, proficient in all.
- Demonstrated experience with creating user interface design best practices and guidelines in websites and/or production software.
- Ability to transfer user research into simple, intuitive user interfaces and experiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web accessibility principles and experience in building for web accessibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of user experience testing methodologies including usability testing, A/B testing, focus groups, and surveys.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking. Must possess ability to analyze and present data and research with credibility.
- Superb judgment, problem solving, and cognitive skills. Demonstrated ability to define, develop, and analyze performance measures and metrics.
- Strong ability to understand, adapt and respond effectively to a changing health care environment, as well as to understand and align with an organization, its structure and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate teamwork with multidisciplinary groups.
- Responsive service orientation - positive "can do" approach to initiatives, problems and solutions.
- A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree in Human-Centered design and engineering or equivalent
About the department you will serve. Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.