As a key member of the Architecture organization, the Cloud UI Architect is responsible for delivering designs to our application architecture for a cloud native, scalable, resilient and agile architecture by partnering with our delivery organizations and driving awareness across a growing cloud web application developer community. The Cloud UI Architect stays abreast of the fast-moving cloud space and uses that knowledge to develop new cloud architecture patterns and recipes enabling developers to utilize cloud technologies and capabilities to build an industry leading Web Application Customer facing Reporting and Administration Portal.
- Work directly with technology management, software engineers and Product Development on highly visible technology projects that have direct impact on new revenue and cost savings
- Provide architectural leadership on key strategic projects, ensuring alignment between the architectural domains and working closely with the information, integration, application, business and infrastructure teams
- Architect and building highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS.
- Lead business specific service improvement plans to address deficiencies in technology solutions and operational processes including service design, service transition, capacity management, migration, and upgrade.
- Promote adoption of next generation cloud technologies and push to continuous delivery pipelines within the application team and amongst the architects.
- Promote adoption of highly scalable, well-conditioned architecture standards, identify and remediate single points of failure in the infrastructure/application design.
- Coach, mentor and enable our developer community empowering them to develop cloud native skills and applications unlocking agility and creating opportunity for innovation.
- Act as a primary liaison between application & infrastructure architects and infrastructure support teams.
- Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related quantitative discipline and seven (7+) years of large scale, full life cycle development experience or (9+) years (if Bachelors in Engineering), preferably 5+ years as a lead engineer
- Expert infrastructure knowledge with at least 10 years' experience in large mission-critical non-stop environments
- Polyglot application architectures experience
- Polyglot development…full stack experience
- A practical approach to balancing architectural purity with business delivery objectives
- Developing cloud architecture experience
- Expertise in building cloud-native enterprise scale applications
- Experience in performance tuning of cloud-based applications
- Experienced in working in Agile/Dev Operations environment with continuous integration and continuous deployment and application lifecycle management
- Experience managing service & user data collections utilizing AWS solutions RDBMS, NoSQL, BigData. Including knowledge of CAP theorem, consistency models and implementation patterns to address business needs
- Strong understanding of Linux containers and orchestration systems (docker, kubernetes, mesos, etc)
- Infrastructure as code experience including Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- Multitenant data management and user data privacy governance EU-GDPR, US FedRAMP, ISO 12001
- Understand risk posture of end to end technology solutions focusing on a design to minimize and eliminate incidents due to architecture or design defects (SPOF), capacity related incidents, and EOL/EOVS infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of application security patterns including web application security (OWASP top 10, XSS, injection vulnerabilities, CSRF, platform security hardening)
- Strong knowledge of industry trends in security technology
- Expertise in developing and implementing one or more of the following: Identity and Access Management, SSO, SAML, Open ID, OAuth2 or 2FA technologies.