In this role, you have the opportunity to
Philips is looking for a Principal R&D Engineer that has experience leading teams with Electronics design, testing, and design controls within the medical device space. This position will be looking for someone who can conceptualize, design, develop, and sustain high speed mixed signal data acquisition and embedded electronics. This position will require an engineer who can refine design requirements for next generation devices through interaction and collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of personnel from marketing, hardware, software, catheter design, quality, regulatory, and manufacturing disciplines.
You are responsible for
- Supporting R&D development projects for diagnostic disposable devices.
- Leading engineering teams focused on breakthrough designs.
- Conceptualizing, designing, developing and sustaining high speed mixed signal data acquisition and embedded electronics.
- Interfacing with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of marketing, hardware, software, catheter design, and manufacturing to refine design requirements for next generation intravascular diagnostic imaging catheters.
- Specifying and qualifying appropriate components, equipment, and design tools based on documented analysis of design specifications, costs, availability and reliability. Integrate into new and existing designs.
- Performing tests and debugging of designs with documentation aligned with the quality plan.
- Generating and releasing design documentation per production development procedures.
- Leading, generating and conducting formal verification and validation plans for completed designs, interacting with Quality and Regulatory staff.
- Actively participating in the transfer of designs from R&D to Manufacturing.
- Conducting technical design reviews with the project team(s) and independent subject matter experts across the company.
You are a part of
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our Image Guided Therapy Division working on diagnostic disposable devices to be used in coronary vascular and peripheral vascular applications. The position will offer the candidate the opportunity to work on New Product Development and Product Sustaining Engineering as an innovator and leader.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS in Electrical or Biomedical, MS/PhD preferred.
- 10 + years' experience in design, development and testing of high speed (>200MHz) mixed signal electronics, preferably also optoelectronic systems, in a regulated environment.
- Expert in FM sensor design with working knowledge of pressure guidewires.
- Experience using circuit simulation software, schematic capture software, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzer, emulators and other lab equipment.to test and debug digital and mixed-signal designs involving multiple PCBs and subassemblies.
- ASIC design experience, including using analog simulator (Spectre) and schematic capture and layout (Virtuoso), within the Cadence Integrated Circuit (IC) Design toolset.
- Expert with LabVIEW, Matlab, MiniTab and test system development.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, drawings, manufacturing instructions and technical analyses.
- Industry experience creating detailed design documentation (specifications, design descriptions, verification and testing plans).
- Experience with Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), and signal integrity testing to international standards.
- Experience using Engineering Change Order (ECO) release process and document management/PLM systems.
- Experience applying IEC 60601-1 and related medical device electronics standards is highly desirable.
- Experience with high speed communication interfaces such as Ethernet, PCIe bus, USB, Camera Link, SPI, I2C, and RS232.
- Familiarity with LabVIEW and test system development.
- Familiarity with medical imaging systems hardware, especially IVUS and OCT.
- Familiarity with FM sensors and functional knowledge of pressure guidewires.
- Familiarity with cardiac and vascular catheterization procedures, tools, and terminology.
- Familiarity with catheter and material or process selection for catheter development.
- Previous mentorship and/or team-leadership for junior technical colleagues