Waters Corporation is currently leading a search for a Principal Training and Development Specialist, Separations Technologies to join our Global Services Education team. In this role, the Principal Training and Development Specialist will lead activities associated with design, development, and delivery of engaging impactful training courses for Waters services personnel insupport of Waters delivering world-renowned services.
- Lead global curriculum development for Waters separations products, and design comprehensive learning paths for Waters services personnel.
- Design and develop courses, and ensure associated blended learning activities enable customer success throughout the complete customer experience.
- Facilitate global collaboration of services trainers and trainees, and host round-table discussions withinstructors and customer representatives.
- Pilot new training programs by delivering courses to representative/intended audiences, and conduct train-the-trainer activities to enable field-based delivery.
- Implement evaluation strategies for new courses. Continually monitor training effectiveness, and make improvements to prior work.
- Deliver technical training courses to services personnel, evaluate and report on course attendees, and review and respond to attendees’ course assessments.
- Assess training needs in terms of product, learner, and business requirements. Identify intended audiences, perform task analyses, and define learning objectives.
- Partner with learning architecture team to define training content requirements and ensure training deliverables are fit-for-purpose.
- Participate in the Waters Product Development Process by creating training plans for new products, and act as an in-house advocate for field-based instructors.
- Capture best practices and ensure consistency of course delivery by performing in situ audits of global training activities.
- Foster constructive and cooperative working relationships with marketing, professional services, servicesupport, and services engineering groups.
- Maintain technical knowledge and instructional design acumen, and present to colleagues on select topics.
- Mentor new Training & Development Specialists to comply with Waters Quality Systems, Good Laboratory Practices, and Environmental Health & Safety standards.
- Represent Global Services Education by participating on Waters Global Services project teams, and attend services meetings to present on training developments.
- BS/BSc or higher in analytical chemistry, biology, or related science; MS/MSc or PhD is beneficial.
- 8+ years of work experience specializing in liquid chromatography within the pharmaceutical, clinical, fine chemical, or food/environmental industry.
- Prior experience working with Waters Alliance and Acquity systems is required.
- 5+ years of experience developing and/or delivering technical training courses
- Prior project management experience is beneficial.