NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
Business Unit Description
NXP’s Security & Connectivity business unit offers best-in-class security, contactless performance and the most complete solutions to produce unmatched mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions.
Overview: This Test Engineer will work on NXP’s cutting edge i.MX product line, a family of ARM-based single-core and multi-core multi-media-application SOC processors for the consumer, industrial, and automotive markets. This person will be working as part of a cross-functional and global team of engineers to bring products to market rapidly, and drive down costs on high volume production ramps, while maintaining NXP’s high quality standards.
- Lead a Test Engineering team to define test plans, working with design teams, for new products
- Organize and track a complex project with many contributors, identifying and mitigating risks.
- Develop test programs on the Advantest 93000 PS1600 ATE with an emphasis on quality of coverage and cost effectiveness
- Characterize and debug new chips with Design and Product engineering teams
- Innovate new test methodologies and technologies to reduce development time and manufacturing costs through familiarity with the product, its architecture, and its design methodology
- Work with diverse teams worldwide in multiple functional roles to plan out projects, debug new silicon, and support production ramps and production problems.
- Understand the design of high-speed ATE hardware for interfaces running over 1 GHz
- Lead cost reduction and yield enhancement test solutions as a product ramps production
- Writing test plans for a circuit, based on knowledge of ATE capabilities and limitations
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in electricalengineering plus minimum 10 years of related experience
- Candidate must be expert at debugging high performance ICs
- Candidate must be experienced at leading an experienced team and comfortable representing that team
- Strong problem-solving skills in a team environment
- Good communication skills to effectively understand and simplify complex topics
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to research and learn in areas lacking expertise.
- Strong understanding of statistical data analysis
- Candidate must understand test development on a project from concept through production
- Candidate can predict production challenges and define test requirements to the design team
- Knowledge of integrated circuits design and fabrication in CMOS technology
- Candidate will understand the RTL design environment, design methodologies, and types of design simulations
- Understanding of loadboard design and performance at high-frequencies
- Well acquainted with DFT techniques and debug methods, including debugging scan patterns or memory BIST patterns
- Experience in software development (C/C++/Java, Perl/Ruby, Assembly language)
- Test engineeringexperience on ATE, Advantest 93000 preferred, or Teradyne.