As a Principal Test Engineer in the Technical Operations organization, you will be the primary interface to the new product engineering and operations teams for all technical issues related to Test Engineering. You will partner with them to usher new products into manufacturing environments and support them through the production lifecycle. You will leverage your deep engineering domain expertise to provide technical leadership for those teams, and be accountable for the results. You will identify problems well before they occur, and avoid them.
You are a key participant in the Product Operations organization responsible to usher new products into production. Activities include:
· During the product development phases, lead Design for Test (DfT) studies, and work closely with the engineering teams to ensure that critical changes are incorporated in a timely manner.
· Develop a deep technical understanding of the products, then define the test strategies for component, subassembly and system level testing.
· Co-develop the architecture of the subassembly and system level manufacturing lines with the Principal Technical Operations Integration Engineer.
· Define automated test equipment (ATE) specifications, and oversee the design and assembly of ATEs and test fixtures.
· Develop test plans and test procedures. Oversee tests, data reviews and post-test analyses.
· Develop diags from specifications defined by engineering teams. Develop scripts consistent with the test plans and manufacturing flow.
· growth achieved during the product development process meets or exceeds the negotiated plan.
· Review and approve all manufacturing-related subassembly and final assembly test procedures.
· Improve first-pass yields and production efficiencies by proactively identifying the root causes of failures and ensuring that corrective actions are performed in a timely manner.
· Provide sustaining engineering support for new products as required from production ramp though End-Of-Life.
· Lead the investigation and adoption of new manufacturing test technologies and processes.
· Leverage your deep manufacturing experience, and the experience of our CMs and suppliers, to mitigate manufacturing technical risk, improve product designs, manufacturing processes and yields.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering or science field
· 10+ years of hardware product test engineering experience
· Experience with hardware production process development, qualification, measurement, data gathering and analysis
· Experience in design and production for consumer electronics industry, including at least three years experience working with Asian suppliers
· Five years experience in roles requiring frequent communications with executive teams
· Advanced degree in a related engineering or science field
· 5+ years experience, advanced proficiency developing hardware test diags and scripts
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Knowledge of data analysis and statistics including Minitab
· Experience managing technical and cross functional teams
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to start projects and drive them to completion with tangible results
· Experience working on advanced technology/products
· Experience working with global hardware design or manufacturing partners.
Job ID: 614115