Expertise in the areas of voice networkdesign, voice network implementation, voice network operations, voice network management and network optimization. Ensure the Telecom Voice network is highly available and support all voice/telephony products and services. Troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve all voice carrier issues and hardware problems. Plan, prepare, design, implement, operate and optimize the core voice network. The voice network system includes a pool of proprietary media servers along with core session border controllers such as AcmePacket/Oracle SBCs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Others duties may be assigned
Voice Network Design
- Defines functional requirements
- Develops multi-vendor integration plans
- Prepares technical design documentation
- Develops engineering specifications and documents
- Maintains and publishes a current flowchart the network
Voice Network Implementation
- Deploys highly reliable voice network components
- Tests, certifies and documents equipment installation procedures
- Reconfigures and upgrades network elements, systems and facilities
- Tests, certifies and documents the network
Voice Network Operations
- Responsible for network administration, service level monitoring, and network accounting practices
- Expert in TDM and VOIP protocols
- Completes networkutilization analysis, with ongoing measurement of network performance against established network baselines
- Maintains ongoing documentation of physical assets, logical topographies, policies and procedures
- Completes networktroubleshooting, fault detection, isolation, repair and restoration
- Handles alarm management, problem diagnosis, and dispatch of service resources
- Performs routine moves, adds and changes
Voice Network Management
- Monitors all communication lines, hardware, including problem isolation, determination, resolution, assisting, coordinating, and dispatching resources and equipment as required.
- Provides Network Capacity analysis.
- Prepares network documentation, technical papers and reports as required.
- Defines problem, actions for resolution, and develops functional specifications.
- Designs tactical plans in accordance with customer specifications.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that a quality job is done right the first time, and promotes teamwork. Identifies, defines and measures the quality of support and service for customers, striving for continual improvement.
Voice Network Optimization
- Performs network traffic analysis and recommendations
- Performs testing and evaluation of emerging equipment to support the delivery requirements of the network.
Voice Capacity Planning
- Perform voice capacity calculations for both origination and termination environments.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in CIS/Telephony, telecommunications management, electrical or computer engineering or a related field. Ten years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be sufficient.
- Extensive experience with VOIP/SIP deployments, protocol and fault isolation techniques.
- Extensive experience with Voice TDM (OC3, DS3, DS1, DS0) deployments, protocol and fault isolation Techniques.
- Experience in design and setup of carrier grade session border controller or AcmePacket/Oracle SBCs.
- Extensive experience with analyzers such as Riverbed or Netscout.
- Deeply understands SIP call flow and can analyze complicated call signaling using packet analyzers
- Extensive experience with Carrier grade voice network administration including Telephony networkdesign, implementation and monitoring.
- Extensive experience with voice TDM.
- Professional experience in network management
- Experienced with VOIP based IP peering with other ISP’s or carriers.