DexYP is looking to hire a fulltime Principal Telecom Engineer for the Grapevine, TX location
If you are interested please use the link and apply to the role. Then email me so I can move you
18-0137, Principal Telecom Engineer
As a Principal Unified Communications Engineer, you will design, implement, support, and manage complex voice
networks and solutions. This position entails leadership in the design of future voice applications including contact centers and dial tone as the
company grows, including product evaluation, testing,
participation in product development, and in-depth troubleshooting
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, computer science. Master's preferred
Provides the architectural design, installation, and configuration of logical and physical voice systems and
services (PBX, Contact Centers, etc.) to meet the functional objectives of the business Supports the design of the voice architecture and infrastructure.
Plans and Manages the capacity and planning Manages the performance
of voice systems, applications from a senior/architect viewpoint and leads efforts to optimize.
Troubleshoots, maintains, and provides engineering support for the voice infrastructure and interacts with vendors to resolve issues. Acts as a technical liaison
to contact center and voice users including architecture expertise,
troubleshooting, project delivery and other assistance. Define, implement and maintain voice operations procedures Creates reports, diagrams, and charts as required for Information Technology procedures, training, and documentation.
Ensures solution conformance to company policies, but not limited to Change Management,
Purchasing, Security, and IT Service Management) Identifies process improvements to streamline and
reduce service delivery of responsibilities.
• Participate in on-call rotation, as needed
• Must successfully complete pre-employment screening process
• 8 years of experience as a Voice, Telecom, or Unified Communications Engineer with 4+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on operations support, design, and implementation
• Combined experience should include some portion of below based on hiring manager need:
• 4+ years voice services architecture design and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
• 4+ years datacenter solution architecture or equivalent with a tilt towards voice services
• 3+ years voice network design or administration involving cloud/on-prem infrastructure [SBC, Salesforce, VERINT, NICE, INCONTACT, GENESYS, Session Border Controls, etc)
• 2+ yearexperience with *nix type systemsand general use
• 4+ years scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
• 3+ years hands-on experience with network engineering
• 3+ years evangelizing software defined datacenter or portions thereof
• 3+ years automation experience using Perl, Python, Ruby-on-rails, Puppet, Ansible, or other related technologies
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example and approach technical problems with creative solutions
• Strong knowledge of voice network working designs and their applications, to include predictive dialing, IVR, ACD, quality
management, screen recording, live chat, artificial intelligence, and big data.
• Contact Center design architecture, design of large scale contact centers
• Knowledge of project life cycle management
• Voice Network device installation and testing
• Virtualization technologies
• Secure voice networkarchitectures
• High availability network design and technology
• Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable voice networkarchitectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
• Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
• Must have knowledge networking features and protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, current WAN/MAN telecommunications technologies and Web caching services (proxy server) and 802.1x.
• Additional areas of expertise in areas such as VoIP and Call Center management are desired.
Kay M. Cole, Human Resources, Senior Recruiter, DexYP
ADP RPO LLC,
Two Glenhardie Corporate Center, 1285 Drummers Ln Ste 100, Wayne PA 19087