We are seeking a Principal Technology Consultant PSJH to deliver business value by providing technical counsel, thought leadership and best practices within the IS organization regarding technology integration initiatives and operational activities by leading groups of technologists, as needed, in undertaking these efforts. The work involved is usually highly important to the business objectives of the enterprise; high-risk; and/or time sensitive. All duties must be performed in a manner that promotes team success and reflects PSJH Mission and Values.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrates effective interactions and positive interpersonal skills in dealing with fellow employees, leaders, stakeholders, other department employees and vendors in order to maximize productivity and positive employee relations including virtual team leadership as well as leadership at the program level where required.
- Makes informed decisions about where to invest efforts based on established priorities and available resources. Leads virtual project teams in carrying out projects. Understands business needs and sets accountabilities that meet established goals. Serves as project owner or sponsor as needed.
- Structures and leads multiple large, complex, sometimes high-risk projects or programs. Develops, manages and executes project plans (objectives, goals, scope, schedules resources costs, and dependencies) that are integrated and synchronized with other areas of the business adjusting plans across the business as required to ensure successful delivery of commitments and effective use of resources.
- Responsible for major technology initiatives and, without direct line reporting authority, must mobilize teams of technology professionals and others to execute on these initiatives.
- Define methodology and perform due diligence assessments for proposed mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and new business initiatives.
- Set direction for and lead IT initiatives by establishing a clear scope and delivering economic solutions with an emphasis in foundational to full integration services, technology assessments, and solution design and service management integration.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 10+ years of subject matter expertise in infrastructure technology, applications, operations or management.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated skills in project plan design and implementation; directing projects, coordinating the work of operational teams, and managing project budgets.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in healthcare technology.