Develop documentation for end users, application developers, system administrators, and system integrators using various Nuance telephony, speech, and natural language products. Immediate projects include planning and authoring documentation for the next evolution of Nuance’s core recognition and natural language understanding engines. This position reports through a technical writing manager but will be assigned to work directly with the development team for each assigned project.
Member of the team that produces documentation for Nuances Enterprise products, including application development (SDK) and tuning products, and application hosting frameworks. May work on documentation for a variety of audiences, including developers, system integrators, system administrators, and business and IT managers. Will work closely with development, services, operations, and marketing throughout the development process to identify documentation requirements and schedules, as well as provide input on product design and usability. Must be able to understand product functionality (via both subject matter expert input and hands-on usage), map it to specific audience needs, and implement content accordingly. Must be able to work within an Agile framework with a distributed team of contributors
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8+ Years
- Experience authoring highly technical documentation for developers and system administrators as well as user-friendly documentation for less technical business users
- Familiar with at least one modern programming language (for example, Java or Objective C)
- Experience with MadCap Flare
- Experience with online documentation publishing tools
- Ability to manage a documentation project and work directly with technical and marketing team members
- Self-directed, fast learner, flexible
- Experience with Agile development processes and tools
- Ability to work productively in a geographically distributed environment
- Familiar with web development and publishing paradigms
- Experience with CSS
- Experience with topic-based writing paradigms and information architecture best practices
Education:Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent experience.