Abbott Molecular has an opening for Principal Technical Scientist. This individual conceives, designs, conducts and leads advanced independent or multi-disciplinary research driven by strategic business needs. Provides technical review of experimental results. Serves as a technical role model to others. Provides consultation to others on technical issues. Interacts with other groups and shares information; participates in team activities.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Understands and consistently follows documented procedures.
- Identifies/communicates to other areas in the division implications of relevant scientific observations.
- Conceives, plans, and executes projects related to the strategic needs of the division.
- Independently designs and executes a series of experiments to test hypotheses related to project outcomes.
- Applies advance scientific knowledge to projects.
- Utilizes DOE where appropriate.
- Ensures quality through sound experimental design, execution and evaluation.
- Assists in the design of experiments for others.
- Identifies new directions for research from literature review.
- Applies basic computer skills (includes word processing, spreadsheets, instrumentation related and Abbott network systems).
- Produces reports and documents utilizing advanced writing skills.
- Utilizes multiple analytical instruments; trains others in their operation.
- Anticipates, recognizes, and resolves technical problems.
Ph.D. in a life or physical science with typically 6+ years advanced research or industrial
experience; Or B.S./M.S. degree with research experience sufficient to demonstrate equivalency.
Product FMEAs, Specifications product Development of customer requirements; design history files; risk management files