The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) data and analytics organization is currently in need of a Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our fast-growing team. The OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) Data and Analytics organization needs TPMs who rely on their mastery of data and business to understand and anticipate business requirements, initiate programs, track progress, and manage any issues that arise during and after the program completion. In addition, this specific role requires deeper understanding and experience with data security and compliance.
Additionally, TPMs track technical issues, effectively communicate project status and suggest changes to use company resources more efficiently. TPMs identify technical impacts on the organization as they relate to business requirements. They define strategies, regularly participate in executive meetings to present their progress, and share project information with stakeholders. Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Drive security and compliance for data across OCI, including defining security policy and implementation
- Work with engineers to determine feasibility, timelines and design
- Ensure the project is completed within planned deadlines and budget.
- Plan for audits, control tests and reviews to ensure adherence to policy
- Provide technical leadership, but not line management of cross functional teams
- Contribute to the long-term vision & strategy for Data and Analytics space; inform Data and Analytics roadmap for technical and business features
- 8+ years leading complex technical/ engineering programs
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in program and project management
- 5+ years experience in BI, Data and Analytics
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Experience with cloud services, security, compliance and audits
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) at different levels in the org
- Self-driven problem solver; able to adapt thrive in a dynamic, ambiguous, and customer-focused environment
- Proven ability to troubleshoot using SQL and/or Python (or similar languages)
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.