Oracle Public Cloud, Principal Technical Program Manager
Cloud Infrastructure Group (Seattle WA)
We have started building a new technology organization based in Downtown Seattle. This new entity is being constructed with an entrepreneurial spirit that promotes an energetic and creative environment. We are unencumbered and will need your contribution to make it a world class engineering center with the laser focus on excellence.
Oracle's extensive enterprise customer base is looking for rock solid cloud solutions that provide the same reliability and effectiveness that they have come to expect from Oracle. As a trusted Enterprise vendor, Oracle is in the early stages to provide highly cost effective compute, storage, & PaaS Cloud solutions to its customer base.
We are specifically looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager to join the Oracle Cloud Platform Group in Seattle. You will be contributing to the success of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure by leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects that drive the business.
What You'll Do:
• Own and drive overall organization, tracking, and management of core programs and projects on schedule.
• Support high performing development teams enabling program planning, project execution and delivery.
• Escalate issues and develop mitigations plans
• Build strong and successful relationships with core stakeholders
• Share status that is relevant, transparent and adds value
• Own resolution of critical problems end-to-end by coordinating technical resources, identifying resolution paths, and ensuring relevant and clear status communication.
• Think broadly and stragetically when solving problems
• Proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and blockers
Who you are:
• Self starter and comfortable operating at a fast pace with minimal direction
• A natural collaborator with a proven ability to work across teams to get things done
• You are curious and ask questions
• You know how to "get it done" and drive results
• Ability to own and manage multiple programs simultaneously
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills
• 5-10+ years experience facilitating the development and implementation of cloud based engineering projects
• Technology background that enables you to understand the complexities of the architecture of Oracle Public Cloud.
• Demonstrated track record of managing complex programs and projects while dealing with ambiquity.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.