Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining the roadmap and direction of the team.
- Evolving the technical direction of the service.
- Career development of engineers on your team.
- Working closely with customers to ensure that the right products are delivered.
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies.
As a senior technical individual contributor you will join the ranks of a large and growing community of operational subject matter experts. You will help establish technical standards and drive Amazon’s overall technical architecture and engineering practices. You’ll work on Amazon’s hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs.
You will design and drive technology solutions that will reduce time to market, standardize execution, and scale for expansion worldwide. You will be a technology visionary leader, builder, and operator who plays a key role in the evolution of our platform to solve the world's most complex technical challenges in Distributed systems, Web applications, Machine Learning, Scalability, Reliability and Security.
· Experience taking a leading role in building high-availability software systems.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
· 6+ years of experience in security, software engineering, compliance, or process management work in support of a technical environment
· Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, high quality systems and software products.
· A dedication to automating all aspects of distributed system operations.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with executives to describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring technical contributors
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
Job ID: 623379