Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team is a ground-up effort to build Infrastructure-as-a-Service that operates at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, security and an ever expanding set of foundational cloud-based services. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives.
The User and Developer Experience (UDX) team is seeking a motivated, customer-focused Principal Product Manager to help shape Oracle's cloud console experience. The OCI Console empowers customers to build, manage and learn about all aspects of their account, from apps to infrastructure. The Console is the public face of OCI, making it deeply impactful to the customer experience. This is a highly visible role where you will own the console experiences that span across Oracle's cloud services. You will manage and be responsible for understanding customer needs by defining product strategy and specifications. You will work with a diverse set of stakeholders including senior executives, architects, development and design teams, and external partners to take ideas, turn them into mature products, and put them in the hands of the world's most demanding customers. The successful candidate will have a passion for solving difficult problems in a collaborative, agile work environment, a knack for creativity and innovative thinking, and a strong sense of empathy for both customers and engineering teams.
This role will be located in Oracle's downtown Seattle, WA or Austin, TX offices.Key Responsibilities:
- Identify, define and prioritize products and features
- Drive product strategy and direction that translates into high value customer features
- Represent product roadmap and strategy to customers and stakeholders
- Work directly with key customers to understand their requirements and devise creative solutions to their problems
- Write product definitions and user stories as an input to product design
- Present to customers and partners, blog, build proof of concepts on top of our products, create samples of how to use product features, resolve customer issues.
- Define, measure, and manage customer experience and business performance goals
- Be an advocate for the customer through the product lifecycle
- Partner with design researchers to perform user testing, measure and constantly improve the Console
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 7+ years of relevant hands-on product management experience
- Experience with user interface design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Ability to define and shape the business strategy for large product areas
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience building road-maps, project/release plans with a strong understanding of dependency management
- Strong experience driving the full product lifecycle, including defining and hitting success metrics, in a startup like atmosphere
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- MBA or MS in a technical field
- Experience in enterprise cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, Etc.)
- Experience managing cloud user experience projects
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience. Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.