Technical Marketing Engineers act as trusted advisors for our customers, partners and internal audiences. We are focused on explaining how our products and solutions work by creating compelling collateral (writing white papers and presentations), providing technical training, presenting at industry events, working with engineering to solve problems and engaging with product management to continually improve the efficacy of our offerings. We are technical subject matter experts in multiple areas of our portfolio, providing thought leadership, and are the bridge connecting engineering and product management with customers and field audiences, by evangelizing the Illumio way of securing an organization’s digital crown jewels.
WHAT YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH:
- This person will be hands-on in tool development, competitive analysis, and will also spend time engaging with product management, sales, and customers to understand and highlight our unique value proposition.
- We are looking for a highly motivated and technical self-starter that is very experienced with a large scope of network and virtualization technologies. You will use this knowledge to develop compelling messaging, product demos, presentations, and sales training.
- Build and manage evaluation and demo environments.
- Create content to help customers understand and use product capabilities.
- Gain deep insights into the market and the competitive landscape.
- Develop and conduct technical field training for sales teams and customers.
- Participate in pre-sales customer meetings, demos, presentations, and proof of concepts.
- Provide feedback to product line management and engineering to improve competitive positioning.
- Present to and interview customers with technical and business credibility.
- Work with diverse audiences including: Customers (practitioner to executives), Sales Organizations, and Partner business leaders.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 3- 5 years of hands-on security technology experience, multi-vendor highly desirable.
- 3-5 years of technical marketing or systems engineering experience in enterprise networking/security required.
- Strong understanding of load balancers, security (firewalls, VPNs), and cyber security.
- Knowledge of public/private clouds (AWS, Azure, VMware-based private clouds).
- Knowledge of Containers (Docker, Mesosphere, ECS) preferred.
- Able to help develop competitive strategies based on customer value.
- Strong relationship management and team skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Experience creating tools to support customer engagements and help with the evaluation and implementation of solutions.
- Design and develop technical collateral including demos, benchmarks, presentations, blogs, technical white papers, tech notes and videos.
- Create technical enablement plans and collateral for sales team.
- Previous start-up experience preferred.