Job description, low-code style:
As the #1 low-code platform, OutSystems provides customers with everything they need to build apps incredibly fast. So let’s cut to the chase. We’re looking for a world-class Technical Knowledge Principal to lead technical content creation initiatives at OutSystems.
The longer story:
Developers love OutSystems. Our global user community is passionate, skilled, ambitious and growing fast. And now we need a world-class content professional to lead some of our Technical Knowledge content creation initiatives into the coming years and beyond.
The person we’re looking for knows how technical users learn, use content, and how to create the right type of content and experience to delight users. They can empathize with developers, understand our technology, communicate clearly and create and execute plans and content assets to tackle specific Knowledge needs from our users.
If that’s you, you’ll be joining an established company that is the undisputed leader in its field. We’ll also look to you for leadership as the head of an energized and enthusiastic extended team that combines people from engineering, product management, and our own Technical Knowledge teams.
Here’s what a successful Technical Knowledge Principal at OutSystems looks like:
- Formulates and leads the global content strategy that will sustainably grow our portfolio’s usefulness and coverage for our users, and increase user retention and their success with the product;
- Gets alignment with multiple internal and external stakeholders (e.g. product teams, field experts, support);
- Leads and manages a team of other Technical Writers or Technical Trainers in the successful execution of the content strategy;
- Defines the roadmap of programs and initiatives that will support the content strategy. These might be training, documentation, joint efforts, and for different types of media and experiences (in-product, website, chatbot, etc);
- Creates technical content of high quality across different domains, coaching and mentoring other team members to ensure the high quality of the team’s work;
- Creates a measurable team strategy that uses a combination of metrics to demonstrate the success of the running programs and to correct the course where necessary;
- Acts as the bridge between OutSystems and the user community, building relationships with key developers to identify how their needs and those of OutSystems can be mutually served;
- Acts as the bridge between OutSystems and the broader content strategy community, bringing best practices, thought leadership and innovative perspectives to help OutSystems be a leader in the Technical Knowledge space.
- 5+ years of experience in leading globally distributed content creation (Technical Training or Technical Writing) teams;
- Excellent leadership skills with an exceptional ability to deal with multiple projects and priorities, while working in a fast-changing work environment;
- Experience in creating high-quality technical content (Training or Documentation);
- Demonstrated experience in managing volunteers from diverse backgrounds and communication styles through multiple channels (email, conferences, meetups, forums);
- Ability to think strategically, collect data, analyze it, and present it to help the team make better decisions.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated mastery of managing priorities and being incredibly organized.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills that enable you to be a great listener and extraordinarily empathetic.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to serve our users and show a relentless commitment to making others happy.
- Willingness to be a team player, gladly rolling up your sleeves and jumping into any project when we’re “all hands on deck.”
- United States (Atlanta, Boston) or Remote
What we have to offer you?
- A solid company that still keeps growing, changing and innovating, and giving teams room to be proactive and creative;
- Real career opportunities – be it promotions or the opportunity to join a different team within the company;
- Work colleagues that are as smart, hardworking and driven as you – and spread all over the globe;