Raytheon is seeking a highly motivated Principal Technical Support Engineer to join a mature program in the Sterling, VA location. The qualified Technical Support Engineer will support a very dynamic program in a world-class operations facility and must have a broad range of experiencesupporting mission critical network and computer systems.
Candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee network infrastructure installations, migrations, and upgrades as requirements arise
- Maintain documentation pertaining to the various projects and schedules
- Coordinate with commercial network vendors regarding PoP circuits to ensure requirements meet the Customers' expectations
- Coordinate with vendors when PoP or network issues arise to ensure they are fixed in a timely manner and provide an after action report to Customer and Program management
- Provide connectivity to and troubleshoot computers, phones, and printers on various networks and work with vendors to ensure connectivity and functionality of the device
- Demonstrable real-world experience dealing with mission critical Program management tasking and scheduling;
- Must possess effectively communicate skills and have experience coordinating with various vendors, in order to fulfill Program requirements or resolve issues as they arise;
- Experience briefing Customer management on Project schedule and status;
- Ability to effectively execute Customer requirements under short notice or compressed time constraints;
- Ability to understand and execute technical requirements (such as infrastructure, security, and network) that have been directed by Customer and Program management;
- Eight years of related experience;
- Current TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Experience in devices such as ASAs, Routers, Switches, VOIP Phones, Video teleconferencing centers (VTCs), thin/thick client workstations;
- Knowledgeable in computer/network hardware, cable management, and basic troubleshooting techniques;
- Hands on experience with system integration and troubleshooting.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum 8 years of equivalent experience.