What you will do
Do you have solid lead/mentoring experience? Are you aspiring to take that next step in your software engineering career? If the answer is yes, read on!
In this role, you will use your solid technical background to work with both internal teams (e.g. sales, support) as well as external clients in defining new products in addition to supporting existing products.
How you will do it
- Scope and document technical work based on business requirements.
- Design, implement and document highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications.
- Prototype applications to evaluate new technologies as appropriate.
- Enhance the performance of existing applications and services. Manage product releases and schedules.
- Support escalations and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure all cloud services and underlying MS Azure infrastructure are properly monitored and configured.
- Provide status of their efforts on a daily (morning Scrum) and weekly (Team Huddle) basis.
- Support Sprint and prioritization meetings.
- Support weekly meetings with cross functional teams.
- Provide weekly reporting data for external clients.
- Provide monthly subscription data to Finance for billing purposes.
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience with a solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Must have strong Computer Science (CS) fundamentals, software architecture and problem-solving skills
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience managing and deploying servers in the cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with containers and container orchestration technologies
- Experience with source code version control, in particular git
- Capable of working individually and/or with a large team comprised of multiple disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Facilitation and team-building skills at all levels
- Ability to influence, train, and mentor junior engineers
- Working knowledge of rapid development concepts with Scrum/Agile
- Experience with video surveillance and/or access control systems