Job ID 1747
Our new Data Center Operations Support project will support the Department of Justice and the FBI in maintaining their current production private cloud and in developing a new data center design standard for a new multi-tenant private cloud to support DOJ wide data center consolidation. Areas of support include Windows, Linux, Storage, Security and Network Engineering as well as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) operations and maintenance. Areas of focus include ensuring the FBI’s unclassified and classified computer systems are maintained in a secure, reliable manner withminimum disruption and productions systems shall have a 99% uptime. In addition, our team will work on new projects including data center consolidation, the implementation of a private on-premise cloud, a hybrid cloud, and deployments of new technologies across multiple enclaves.
The Principal Systems Engineer (Unix/Linux) shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but for all support libraries, components and application dependencies. CLIN 3
- Design, install, implement, and configure systems as well as provide ongoing support of the Unix/Linux
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all Linux
- Create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution and patch levels of Linux and network configuration, using tools that include Satellite Server and Puppet
- The Contractor shall monitor and correct critical server issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and workwith developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time onany tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 4th level support
- Build new baselines with the appropriate security and access controls to include DISA STIGS and requiredsecurity controls
- Engineer multi factor authentication between Linux environments and the enterprise Windows infrastructure
- Work with the developers to transition applications from one platform to another to include from physical to virtual and virtual to
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, and number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval
- Integrate systems with Windows as it applies to authentication and core services dependencies such single sign-on and Active Directory. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- 10+ years of experience
- Systems Engineer skill set with focus on Unix based systems such as Red Hat Linux, Solaris, SuSE, and CentOS
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer –Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Buchanan & Edwards is an E-Verify employer.