KAB Laboratories, Inc, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Epsilon Systems Solutions, focused on software development and systems engineering for complex defense intelligence and combat systems is seeking Principal Systems Engineer for our San Diego, CA office. These positions are focused on supporting a complex combat system with great growth potential based on performance. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment – read on!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops 'shall' statements and follows those statements through the engineering process.
- Works with software and hardware teams to translate shall statements into testable requirements.
- Develops test plans and use cases utilizing existing models or develops own modeling tools (C++, MATLAB).
- Develops and documents technical documentation utilizing DOORS.
- Develops system Architecture and system design documentationIncorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Contributes to the technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include network analysis, functional allocation, systems requirements reviews, interface standards and system architectures.
- Contributes to the design and execution of unit, system and operational test and evaluation.
- Analyzes system requirements and supports design and development activities.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers and senior executives.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or applied physics/math
- A minimum of eight (8) years' in a systems engineering-related role. We will consider candidates with less experience if they have earned a Master's degree or PhD
- Current DoD Secret security clearance.
- Knowledge of requirements tools such as MySQL or DOORS.
- Experience working with network routers and switches.
- System Architecture and system design documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, and professional demeanor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective team player with highly proficient customer service skills.
- Advanced level user in Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio).
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Master's degree in an engineering discipline or industrial design.
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
- Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, standing, and walking.
- Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation, if required.