Position Summary : We are looking for dynamic leaders who can develop and drive technical solutions with our customers so that we grow our share in traditional L-3 Sensor Systems Advanced Programs (SS-AP) markets and expand to new application spaces. The position requires a combination of engineering and business development skills to craft advanced solutions to complex problems, capture funding necessary for development of innovative sensors and systems and help guide the successful development of industry-leading products. The successful candidate will be required to be located in one of the following locations: Northampton MA, Orlando FL, Boston MA, Pittsburgh PA, Cincinnati OH, Dallas/Fort Worth TX or Santa Rosa CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of technology and capability gaps, for conventional and non-conventional customers, where L-3 has or can obtain a competitive advantage. This requires establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers and prospective customers.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional staffs within L-3 SS and in other L-3 segments as appropriate to leverage L-3 technology and product investments.
- Collaborate with L-3 colleagues to conceptualize system architectures, define key capabilities, performance requirements, system implementation approaches and operational concepts.
- Maintain and continually update awareness and knowledge of the industry to best advise the L-3 SS-AP team on current and future market trends and developments.
- Identify potential strategic technology partners, alliances and relationships to enhance/expand core product lines and/or to create new product lines.
- Identify, prioritize, and pursue R&D funds to meet strategic technical objectives and revenue targets.
- Support or lead proposal efforts, from strategy development through final review.
- Contribute to strategic planning, including definition of technology and product roadmaps; also includes identification of new business acquisition and capital expenditures needed to achieve strategic goals/objectives.
- Oversee/guide development of advanced sensor systems to ensure that technical, programmatic, and cost objectives are met, thereby meeting or exceeding customer and L-3 SS-AP objectives.
Technical Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required:
Military/aerospace experience is required in multiple areas.
- Air/ground/sea sensors, fire control, surveillance/reconnaissance systems, IRSTs and EOCM
- Weapons development with emphasis on seekers and terminal guidance
- Multi-mode threat detection sensors (including buried and concealed threats)
- Platform integration and test
- Hardware/software development experience from requirements through customer testing
- Working knowledge of modern simulation-based methods as a key part of the product development process