We are currently recruiting for a highly talented Principal RF Systems Engineer -- we are looking for more than an impressive skill set. We are looking for the type of person who respects others for their knowledge, skills, and experience as individuals and as team members. If you are the type of person who has high integrity and would thrive in an inclusive environment of camaraderie and friendship with your fellow teammates, we’re pretty confident you’ll love it here.
- Attend customer meetings for the purpose of understanding their requirements related to RF systems and seeker characteristics.
- Review, develop and document system level operational concepts and mission statements.
- Research and evaluate highly complex system designs and/or architectures to recommend design modifications
- Understand platform integration requirements at the platform level.
- Identify and make recommendations to eliminate design flaws
- Verification and validation of highly complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Assist upper level management in identifying potential new products or business opportunities and defining associated program requirements
- Support proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities
- Produce and/or review technical documents, specifications and standards
- Prepare and/or deliver Management and Technical level presentations
- Provide extensive outside contact with customers, ESA affiliates, government officials and other contractors
- Ability to effectively document and communicate designs, results, reports, status and presentations
- Work independently and with internal/external organizations
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
A Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering or a related technical field is required. A minimum of 10 years systems engineering experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Excellent systems engineering skills
- RF system hardware design knowledge as it relates to the target detection and direction finding during missile system engagements.
- Familiar with digital signal processing concepts including FFT, and DRFM
- Working experience and understanding of jamming theories and applicability
- Ability to deal with complex problems in an international environment of cultural diversity
- Experienced in all the lifecycle processes used in the development of military systems
- Ability to work independently and work as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks successfully; within scope, on time, within budget while delivering a quality product to the customer
- Ability to develop high level plans and detailed procedures
- Skilled in requirements development, test plan development, and test case development
- Skilled in root cause analysis
- RF propagation knowledge required
- Good skills in time management, meeting facilitation, and problem-solving
- Good communications skills: ability to clearly communicate ideas verbally and in writing
- Good presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated DOD Clearance at the Secret level