- Responsible for supporting systems engineering activities and technical leadership in radar-related technologies and business pursuits
- Leading pursuits to respond to market surveys and create proposals for delivery to customers.
- Work with potential customers to determine needs and develop customer CONOPS and requirements.
- Lead internal development activities as required
- Responsible for leading systems development efforts and providing technical and project leadership to diverse technical teams. This includesProvide technical leadership and oversight of teammates and subcontractors, including creation of radar specifications, cooperative design optimization, design reviews, and monitoring of manufacturing, testing and certification.
- Logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into system solutions that address technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Top level system design and architectural development, including system analysis and trade studies for air traffic surveillance systems.
- Requirements decomposition into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Physics with ten (10) or more years’ experience in systems engineering activities. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Experience in all aspects of radar theory.
- Eight (8) or more years’ hands-on experience with one or more of the following sensor systems:Experience with FAA, NOAA, and DoD radar systems.
- Primary surveillance systems
- Secondary surveillance systems
- Weather radar systems
- Surface movement or perimeter security radar systems.
- Experience presenting information to team members, management and customers.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, MS Project, Visio, and requirements management tools.
- Radar & systems modeling and simulation experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Direct experience with FAA and DoD surveillance systems.
- Experience with air traffic control systems and their operation.
- Four (4) or more years’ experienceworking with and leading external teammates or subcontractors.
- Programming or scriptingexperience with one or more of the following: C/C++, Python, Perl, or MATLAB.
Job ID: ES20180604-24205