The candidate must have a demonstrated understanding of the systems engineering development process and have the capability to act as a systems architect to develop our next generation of navigation products. Key responsibilities could include: assessment of market needs and operational concepts, system and subsystem requirements analysis, definition, and validation;
systems and subsystems design architecture, integration and verification testing; leading or supporting technical collaboration among systems, hardware and software design functions; resolution of technical problems that cross functional domain areas of hardware/software and development of systems related documentation.
Candidates must have the following skills:
* Must possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Ability to act as an architect of complex systems
* Demonstrated ability to plan project level work and meet schedule, cost, and performance goals
* Demonstrated knowledge or experience in system requirements capture, design, and decomposition ability
* Understanding of system validation and verification processes for technical product development with the ability to generate test descriptions and perform systems evaluation and testing of product systems.
* Significant knowledge of navigation engineering fundamentals in embedded system architectures/designs, GPS functional component blocks, performance specifications and test methodologies
* Understanding of system validation and verification processes with the ability to generate test descriptions and perform systems evaluation and testing of navigation systems.
* Ability to effectively manage program technical risks by evaluating requirements and design aspects.
* Ability to effectively interact with Engineering Management, Engineering Developers, Program Management, Business Development, and Finance.
* Understanding of manufacturing build, test, quality and customer acceptance review processes
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to represent system engineering at internal and external customer meetings
* Serve as liaison between functional discipline groups as well as internal and external customers
* Able to support occasional travel to domestic and international locations.
* Demonstrated program pursuit and capture ability (concept development, writing and costing)
* Familiarity with military concepts of operations
* Domain knowledge of commercial and/or military GPS protocols
* Acquainted with GPS related performance standards (military, commercial, FAA)
* User of systems engineering tools for requirements capture, behavioral modeling/simulation (e.g. UML modeling with use-cases and sequence diagrams), peer reviews, configuration and change management
*Digital signal processing (DSP) experience