Principal Systems Engineer - MDA / GMD
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Execute system engineering functions with a focus on the Ground Based Interceptors avionics packages and guidance and navigation technologies – evaluating designs, requirements, component enhancements, component failure review process and failure closure processes. Review proposed requirements changes in higher level specifications for impacts to Ground System (GS) baseline. Review should be proactive and at all levels of the MDA organization (BMD System Spec, through GMD Element Spec, down to GS Spec) to ensure early identification of disconnects. Review peer/counterpart specifications for consistency with GS baseline on sensors, C2BMC, and GBI performance specifications/interface specifications to ensure peer/counterpart documents accurately reflect the GS baseline. Perform Systems engineering for Integration at the Element and Component Levels in accordance with the GM Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) and Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP). Perform Systems Interface Integration and system timing analysis; Support Warfighter coordination and integration; Work with component developers to review and assess verification plans for GS and GBI components including support equipment, facilities, and interfaces to other system elements; Work with component and product developers to review and assess plans and processes for conducting design/critical Component/Product issue resolution.
- 10+ years of experience with GMD or MDA engineering programs from a Prime development level or service support level effort - with a focus on the Ground Based Interceptor capabilities and enhancements with a focus on the GBI Avionics package
- Demonstrated ability to deliver products on schedule
- Experience with Missile Defense Agency, preferred GMD experience / MDA Engineering and Interface requirements experience
- Capability to develop and present program briefings to senior management-level personnel
- Candidate must have a Secret Clearance, prefer TS
PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: BS/MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or related field), and 12+ years of related work experience with at least 9 years’ experience as a system engineer.