As Principal Systems Engineer on our Platform Management team, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and managing our Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and core applications and services based on those platforms. Key technology areas include, VMware vCenter infrastructure, Windows Server 2008 R2 and later, , DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policies, Public Key Infrastructure, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Internet Information Server, WSUS, HPAC Secure Printing, and HP Blade Servers and HP Storage Area Networks in a distributed IT environment.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Engineering, documenting, delivering and maintaining the platforms listed above in accordance with customer specifications and security guidelines
- Applying security patches and performing upgrades for supported platforms
- Diagnosing and resolving the toughest performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed above
- Writing SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) to accomplish repetitive tasks
- Applying automation to repetitive tasks
- Implementing and reporting on systems as part of a larger Capacity Management process
- Mentoring and providing guidance to other system engineers and administrators
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of ITIL Service Lifecycle, including submitting Change Requests
- Performing requirements analysis, requirements gathering, and integration for all platforms listed above.
- Data center design and management, including rack/server placement, HVAC, and power planning
- Providing IT Systems Engineering support on a wide range of technologies, including: VMware vCenter, Horizon View, Site Recovery Manager, HPAC Secure Printing, HP Blade Servers, HP SANs, Certificate Services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policies and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Other tasks to include requirements specification, performance modeling, end-to-end functional analysis, cost estimation, and joint application design.
- Willingness to work after normal duty hours (nights and weekends) as needed.
- Requires Bachelor's degree and 7-9 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems, HP SANs, VMware products, Cisco UCS
- CISSP, Security+ CE or other IAT Level 2 DoD 8570 Certification required
- One of the following certifications is required: MCSE - Microsoft Certified System Engineer, MCSE - Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, MCSA - Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, MCITP - Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional, VMware VCP - VMware Certified Professional, Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- ITIL v3.0 or higher Foundation Certifications highly desired
- Experience with private clouds or automation solutions