Principal Systems Engineer
Seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to perform as a Team Lead to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
This position requires all candidates to be U.S. Citizens and possess an Active Secret clearance. Candidates must be able to receive a Top Secret/SCI clearance. DHS suitability is required prior to starting employment.
- Providing Systems Engineering project leadership in support of a large, leading edge cybersecurity system.
- Coordinating teams in the development, integration, and testing of advanced leading-edge cybersecurity, with the assistance of the Design & Development Lead and Chief Engineer
- Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and end-users regarding priorities, capability architectures, requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications
- Representing the voice of the user in development
- Collaborating within Agile Release Trains and Agile Teams
- Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
- Providing Systems Engineering expertise and leadership in support of a large cybersecurity system
Required Education & Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field
- Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- 10+ years of directly relevant systems engineering experience such as allocation of hardware and software requirements, development of use cases and stories, interface definition, and systems integration & test
- Proven leadership skills and meaningful experience successfully leading large teams
- Able to effectively work as a leader, in a group, or as an individual contributor
- Experience working in an Agile development environment in a leadership role
- Experience with and technical understanding of cybersecurity attack-mitigation techniques and cybersecurity architectures
- Possesses or quickly develops a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations.
- Knowledge and experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar lean Agile framework
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure) and cloud architecture, design, and implementation
- DevSecOps or DevOps experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL, etc.)
- Experience and/or familiarity of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53)
- DHS experience
- SAFe certification (SA, SP, SSM/SASM, RTE, POPM, SPD, ASE, or SPC)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level I or II (e.g. CISSP)
WOOD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.