As a Principal Systems Engineer at DRS, you will be responsible for the design, integration and implementation of EO/IR sensor systems for complex military applications.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Physics is required.
- Minimum of eight years' Systems Engineering experience encompassing requirements development, systems design and analysis, systems integration, and product verification and validation.
- Experience with EO/IR technology and products.
- Experience executing EMD and LRIP phases of DoD programs.
- Experience with DOORS.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to decipher highly technical data.
- Ability to multi-task in an evolving project environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both written and oral.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a security clearance.
- A Master's Degree in Engineering or Physics is desired.
- Previous experience as a systems Design Engineer or Systems Analyst is desired.
- Experience integrating software-intensive systems onto military aircraft is desired.
- INCOSE CSEP certification
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze data to establish system requirements.
- Research, evaluate and recommend systems/equipment/technologies based upon customer needs.
- Work with the Project Manager, Project Controls, other Systems Engineering disciplines, Design Engineering, Quality, Operations and Supply Chain in an Integrated Project Team organizational framework to successfully execute the complete product development lifecycle from product inception to disposal.
- Perform effective risk management.
- Create technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs and other systems integration related documents, including Systems Engineering Plans and Interface Control Documents.
- Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based on system requirements.
- Provide customer post-acceptance product installation and integration support.
- Perform as the project Systems Engineering subject matter expert with regard to Systems Engineering process, ensure good Systems Engineering process is implemented in all product development activities.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure Systems Engineering activities are appropriately planned and budgeted into project plans.
- Work closely with Design Engineering project team members to ensure that all external and internal hardware, software, and human factors interfaces are defined, and that all design risks are managed.