Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Polaris Alpha is conducting a search for Principal Systems Engineer to join our Knowledge Management and Solutions team building mission-critical capabilities. This Systems Engineer will be working with the technical leadership team on allstrategic initiatives across the branch. This candidate should be able to perform tactical tasks to include updating documentation, creating release notes, buildingtemplates and analytics,scheduling and coordinating with customer leadership, understanding ofsecurity requirements, understating systemarchitecture andcyberdomain.
• Eight Years of experience as systems engineer and technical expertise in the areas of software development, system engineering, system integration, computer architecture development, or technology insertion for complex hardware/software systems.
• Desired ten years of experience in the DoD/IC community as systems engineer and technical expertise in the areas of software development, system engineering, system integration, computer architecture development, or technology insertion for complex hardware/software systems.
• Six years of experience in a technical leadership position providing technical consulting to other engineering personnel, solving varied technical/scientific system problems, generating and reviewing technical designs for processing systems.
• Four years of experience in Agile prototype development
• Previous knowledge and experience working with key cloud technologies (i.e. MapReduce) and data repositories
• Ability to gather, refine, and document requirements for development team
• Eight (8) years’ experience as a systems engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
TS/SCI Full Scope PolyREQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university desired
• Master’s degree in an Information Technology related field, such as computer engineering, computer science, math, or physics from an accredited college or university desired.