The Opportunity: Systems Engineer, Principal
Senior systems engineer with expertise in embedded computer design that utilize computer bus, board and system architectures. The systems engineer will analyze customer (commercial and military vehicle) technical requirements and develop system level requirements, decompose and allocate requirements to hardware and software and define system verification tests and procedures. Develop Hardware and Software Interface documents, define the scope of BIT and perform requirements analysis methods to support the system development.
- Define system level architectures for rugged computing systems
- Transfer customer technical requirements and Interface Control Definitions into DOORS.
- Define system level requirements including traceability compliance to the customer specifications
- Allocate system level requirements to hardware and software and generate Hardware Software interface specifications.
- Analyze system level requirements for safety, risk, performance, design and show compliance to customer and certifying authority specifications
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases, test procedures and verification plans to verify and validate the operation of aerospace avionics and software
- Support all phases of project development including design, reviews, verification, and test
- Interface with Hardware and Software engineers to ensure that key system features function as expected
- Interface with customers to validate the requirements, environment and operating concepts and provide a solution that meets technical and cost objectives
- Prepare and present internal and external technical design reviews
- Leads and conducts system integration, and design verification/validation
Essential Skills and Experience
- 10 years of aerospace system requirements generation experience, including system verification testing
- Knowledge of system hardware/software development, integration and test for aerospace applications
- Working knowledge of systems engineering tools such DOORS, Clearquest, and Rational Development Tools
- Ability to operate and debug Linux and VxWorks operating systems
- Solid understanding of VMEbus, PCI, and PCIe backplane design standard
- Solid understanding of serial communication protocols such as MIL-STD-1553, RS422, RS485, RS232, 10/100/Gigabit Ethernet, USB
- Solid understanding of the latest video graphics solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting skills of rugged computing systems
- Experience conducting System Safety Assessment, Functional Hazard assessment and Failure Mode Effects Analysis is a plus
- Previous experience in RTCA/DO-254/DO-178 processes and FAA Certification
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word Excel, Powerpoint and Project
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong attention to details, highly organized
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
Minimum Education Requirements
- BS Computer Science, BS Software Engineering, BS Electrical Engineering
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.