$150K — $200K *
Raytheon Missiles and Defense is the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We are helping to shape the future of innovative weapon system solutions in response to our customers' most urgent needs and our Systems Design team in Tucson, AZ, is looking for you!
System Design Discipline employees within the System Design and Architecture Directorate interface with the customer to develop CONOPS, system architecture, system requirements and manage qualification, verification and validation. They also perform functional / physical analysis, allocation, and trade studies. They also support engineering testing, integration and flight-testing, production, system deployment, and post deployment support across the product lifecycle. They perform these functions using a variety of methods and enabling technologies, including Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Agile product development.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Degree, Skills and Experience:
• BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics
• Eight (8) years of professional experience in one or more of the following technical domains: RF/IR signal processing, electronics, navigation (GPS or Inertial), missile autopilots, modeling and simulation (for example 6-DOF), aerodynamics, missile related mechanical engineering such as flight control systems, warheads, missile structures, seeker gimbals, RF/IR seeker sub-systems (Six (6) years' experience and a related Master's Degree or Four (4) years' experience and a related PhD)
• Six (6) years of systems engineering experience with exposure in one or more of the following domains: requirements analysis and development; system performance analysis; integration and verification; and subsystem or system architecture development
• Past work experience interacting with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals
• Prior work experience giving technical briefs or presentations
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Current DoD TS/SSBI clearance
• MS or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics
• Matlab and/or C++ experience
• Modeling and Simulation experience
• Experience in production, sustainment and/or full program lifecycle
• Experience with model-based systems engineering and SysML
• Missile and/or defense product performance analysis
• Ability to visualize system functionality, to create block diagrams, and to analyze system performance
• Ability to perform trade studies to optimize system performance
• Familiarity with DoD customer infrastructure with respect to command and control, telemetry, flight test, ISR, fixed wing, and/or rotary wing systems
• Understanding of Systems Engineering Product Development Cycle
• Strong communication and leadership skills including effective written, verbal, and listening skills
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Valid through: 11/14/2020