$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Systems Administrator or Sr. Principal Systems Administrator based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform as primary Linux Systems Administrator for a large classified government contract.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, hardware, and system engineers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks.
-Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Install and configure servers, server racks, and workstations as needed.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Ability to work non-regular hours to support emergency depot level actions.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Systems Administrator or Sr. Principal Systems Administrator.
- For a Principal Systems Administrator: Bachelor's degree and 6 years of related experience or 10 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- For a Sr. Principal Systems Administrator: Bachelor's degree and 10 years of related experience or 14 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Comprehensive understanding of Server Management
- Basic understanding of networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs.
- Windows domain architecture experience.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification.
- Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
- Windows Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
- VMWare experience with current version.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
- Rudimentary Scripting.
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
Valid Through: 2019-10-22