eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
If you are up to the challenges of building new and groundbreaking large scale on-prem hardware platform infrastructure used by millions of users around the globe every day and drive critical, meaningful & impactful changes to one of world's largest internet properties, then join us - eBay Hardware Platform Infrastructure team.
We are seeking hardworking, creative and passionate experienced System Platform Engineer in Principal role.
In this role, you will collaborate with multiple application teams, characterize workloads, develop performance metrics for private cloud and storage applications to optimize eBay next generation hyper-scale hardware platforms.
- Interacting with various multi-functional teams to develop software performance model, and guide new hardware platform development
- Collaborate with software teams to develop performance metrics to evaluate different workloads: search, compute, storage, database, AI in eBay production framework environment like kubernetes, micro-service, disaggregate storage, application specific accelerators and etc.
- Architecting new platform solutions to support high growth, scale and availability
- Reviewing system infrastructure, and proposing efficient scalable solutions
- Assist in sophisticated performance debug activities
- Documenting detailed technical architecture
- Generating performance projections for future systems
- 15+ years work experience, with BS/BA in Computer Science, M.S. or Ph.D are preferred
- Solid understanding of computer architecture and workload bottle necks: CPU, Memory, Storage, Network, FPGA accelerators, RDMA, NVMe-oF, Persistent memory
- Solid proven record in software infrastructure development (SaaS, IaaS) at large scale.
- Prior experience in ODM hardware development and optimization
- Prior experience in analyzing software applications in virtualized, containerized environments (Kubernetes, Docker,…)
- Prior system performance modeling is desired
- Experience with open source software stacks and database experience: Hadoop, NoSQL, Java, SPARK, MongoDB
- Experience with RESTFul application
- Good coding skills in some subset of (C, C++, System C, Python, shell, etc.)
- Strong communication and mentoring skills
- Teamwork, quick learner, able to adapt to changes, open to suggestions