Principal System Operations Engineer
Principal System Operations Engineer (Cambridge, MA)
The Position: A driving force behind safeguarding critical customer information, you will oversee a highly-secured hosted environment to ensure Pega Cloud’s reliability in the market. Working with a small, global team of security professionals, you will use bleeding-edge technology to support our Global 1 customers.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the security of our customer’s information and systems by designing, implementing and enforcing controls, safeguards, policies and procedures for an environment with 5, instances/hosts
- Own cloud security components end-to-end across our US and India operations teams
- Provide hands-on Linux system administration, scripting and maintenance for cloud systems
- Develop, socialize, and implement standards for infrastructure and application security
- Work on the continuous improvements of our security tools, scripting, securityarchitecture, and environment configurations
- Participate in automation of the incidents prioritization, false positives identification, correlation, etc.
- Develop, maintain, publish and enforce information security standards and guidelines encompassing data and intellectual security
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Competitive pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, 3 weeks paid vacation plus 10 company holidays, 2 community service days, medical/eye/dental coverage, and even pet insurance!
The Person: You are an experienced systems administrator that can drive and implement security policies and procedures within Pega’s Cloud organization. Using the latest tools and technologies, you have proven skills to support thousands of hosts while securing critical information within a virtual environment.
Qualifications will include:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Linux system administration, systems management, scripting, security incident response, and system support services
- Experience working in the security operations field in a virtual hosting, IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS company
- Experience in correlating security anomalies into root causes with various SIEM technologies
- Experience in SecOps, support for audits and remediation activities
Bonus Qualifications: Understand requirements for implementation and fulfillment of technical components of ISO 27001, PCI, HIPAA, and SOC 2 Type 2 certifications
About Pegasystems: Pegasystems Inc. is the leader in software for customer engagement and operational excellence. Pega’s adaptive, cloud-architected software – built on its unified Pega® Platform – empowers people to rapidly deploy, and easily extend and change applications to meet strategic business needs. Over its 30-year history, Pega has delivered award-winning capabilities in CRM and BPM, powered by advanced artificial intelligence and robotic automation, to help the world’s leading brands achieve breakthrough business results. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any othercategory protected by law.