Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaboration with product and technical marketing to understand customer requirements and align those requirements with system architectures
- Participation in NAND and system architecture planning teams to drive design features for future products
- Guide firmware team on specification of media management design features for mobile storage products to achieve world class performance, endurance and quality.
- Support integration and validation of the advanced media system algorithms and architecture for current and next generation mobile products.
- Modeling, analysis and development of new system architectures which provide the highest performance with given media performance, media reliability, power budget constraints, and low cost.
- Support full product development cycle from product concept approval to qualifications
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- 8+ years of experience working on SSD, mobile or other solid-state storage products
- Strong analysis and programming skills to create system models to evaluate performance, analyze trade-offs and develop options
- Deep understanding of NAND Flash memory technology, architecture, operation, and tradeoffs
- In depth knowledge of SOC and VLSI architectures with emphasis on data path and memory controller
- Knowledge in LDPC and related DSP algorithms
- Proficient in C/C++ and Python.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional teamwork and leadership skills
- Flexibility to travel as needed
Minimum of a BS +8 years' experience (MS preferred), in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science required.