The Principal System Administrator is responsible for architectural and system administration for small to large sized dynamic research and development environments for a high priority, high visibility designated program office at Draper. It involves managing a team that supports the day-to-day activities of users, perform system maintenance and upkeep of Information Technology and the design, development, documentation and deployment of solutions.
The candidate will have responsibilities to support IT technology that will cover a wide array of competencies such as data administration, knowledge management, customer service, technical support, network services, system administration and systems security analysis. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for mentoring team members and technically leading IT projects related to implementing new technology solutions to address business challenges. The candidate will work closely with dedicated program area ISSM and Program Security Manager to support the Operations Deputy.
- Proactively manage a small team of dedicated system administrators, provide feedback and direction on day-to-day activities, and status to Operations Deputy and Program Office. Ensure that the program office needs are met while also aligning with corporate policies and direction.
- Opportunity to travel and interface with program office customers and suppliers as part of the Operations Team.
- Monitor performance metrics and log data for continuous improvement and tuning.
- Assist and mentor other team members.
- Contributing member of the Computer Incident Response Team as needed.
- Develop project plans, architecture diagrams, requirements documentation, test plans, change requests, and communication to users.
- Day-today activities include:
- Develops and conducts tests of systems to evaluate compliance with specifications and requirements by applying principles and methods for cost-effective planning, evaluating, verifying, and validating of technical, functional, and performance characteristics (including interoperability) of systems or elements of systems incorporating IT.
- Installs, configures, tests, operates, maintains, and manages networks and their firewalls, including hardware (switches, routers, cables, proxy servers, and protective distributor systems) and software that permit the sharing and transmission of all spectrum transmissions of information to support the security of information and information systems.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains server configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Also manages accounts, firewalls, and patches. Responsible for access control/ passwords/ account creation and administration.
- Works closely with ISSM group to ensure system accreditation process is followed including maintenance of standard operating procedures, network drawings and configuration documentation.
- Conducts the integration/testing, operations, and maintenance of systems security.
- Addresses problems, installs, configures, troubleshoots, and provides maintenance and training in response to customer requirements or inquiries (e.g., tiered-level customer support).
- Develops and administers databases and/or data management systems that allow for the storage, query, and utilization of data.
- Day to day maintenance of IT infrastructure systems (e.g. servers, workstations, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, encryption devices)
- Duties include but are not limited to system troubleshooting, vendor coordination, software patching, system deployment, license management, hardware and software management, and lifecycle management.
- Ensure all devices are under configuration management, receive updates, and maintain operational readiness.