Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Principal Supplier Quality Engineer (PSQE) develops and implements solutions for the most complex supplier driven issues while providing technical leadership for others as they develop all other similar solutions within the business. The PSQE ensures the delivery and performance of supplied parts per the product requirements. The job requires the ability to synthesize quality requirements across multiple suppliers and/or part families and determine systemic root cause and corrective actions to common issues.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides Supplier Quality Engineering expertise in planning and implementing systemic quality assurance processes. This includes but is not limited to:
- Inspection plans, measurement methods and recording forms
- Quality assurance systems, methods and procedures
- PPAP Key Quality Element development, i.e Process Flows, FMEAs, Control Plans, Capability Assessments, Production Monitoring
- Statistical methods to control and evaluate process capabilities, where applicable
- Development of quality assurance data packages for customer review
- Acts as the technical lead for activities with Supplier Quality Engineers, customers, suppliers, and third-party oversight bodies as necessary.
- Reviews contractual requirements in specifications and drawings with specific attention to quality requirements and ensures proper flow down of these requirements to the suppliers
- Provides leadership in acquiring and implementing improved QA techniques and processes and makes key processes visible.
- Serves as the key owner and monitor for Quality processes at key suppliers across the business.
- Leads cross-functional efforts for improvement and creation of standardized quality processes at suppliers.
- Ensures 100% quality and regulatory compliance in accordance with documented procedures across the business.
- Provides subject matter expertise while interacting with internal and external customers as well as suppliers by meeting regularly, responding to requests, and resolving issues as they may arise.
- Assists other departments as necessary in establishing standards relative to ensuring product quality from suppliers.
- Reviews and approves drawings in accordance with ANSI/ASME Y14.5M 2009 standard, routings, specifications, procedures and similar documents related to assigned projects. Prepares and provides detailed supplier quality assurance inputs to such documents.
- Reviews, revises or writes inspection procedures, including review and approval of Supplier Inspection Procedures written by other Supplier Quality Engineers.
- Leads the performance of Supplier process surveillances and on-site audits.
- Acts as the technical lead for Supplier RCCA analysis and closure of customer and internal manufacturing issues
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and maintenance of quality manuals and related department and divisional procedures.
- Generates reviews and processes Supplier Quality Non-Conformities, conducts containment, obtains disposition, evaluates root causes, and implements corrective action as required.
- Prepares supplier quality inspection plans in conjunction with receiving inspection processes
- Leads data analysis and Identification of potential supplier quality issues
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Master's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Quality Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering or Design Engineering
12+ years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering or equivalent experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities List
- Aerospace experience
- Casting and Machining Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) Certification
- Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Certification
- APQP / PPAP
- Prefer experience in:
- Lean Manufacturing
- Regulated Industries (e.g., food, aerospace, transportation, biotech)
- Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt / Master Black Belt certifications
- ASQ Certifications
- Lead Auditor certification
- Welding Engineer Certification
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills (presentations, technical reports, etc)
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Decision making skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Effective at training others and in demonstrating value from lessons learned.
- Champion for cultural change and strong advocate for continuous improvement / learning organization