Raytheon Missiles & Defense is the world's largest producer of advanced missile systems supporting our US warfighters and international allies. Every missile system contains a set of purpose designed electrical subsystems. These subsystems enable the guidance, navigation, signal processing, target detection and tracking functions of the missile. The Electrical Product Team - Subsystems Center is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems including design, test and production.
The Electrical Product team is currently searching for a Principal Electrical Engineer with experience in developing electrical subsystems composed of analog, digital, RF, and/or power functions. The role of the subsystems engineer is to maintain the subsystem architecture, develop subsystem and component requirements, support engineers as they create designs to meet the requirements, and support integration and test of the electrical subsystem. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a solid background in detailed design, have some experience in systems engineering and architecture, and have a desire to grow into a guidance section architect.
Location: Tucson, AZ.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Work environment is primarily in an office, but may include labs, field work, or a combination.
- Assignments may include analysis of hardware designs, subsystems, and components; architecting new electronic systems; developing and documenting subsystem requirements and test plans; peer reviews of designs as a subject matter expert; presentations to peers, management, and government customers; and root-cause failure investigations.
- Missile Systems has a strong culture of mentoring; it is expected that employees will be both mentors and mentees.
- Assignments may require supporting multiple programs.
- This position may participate in or lead integration efforts.
- Assignments may require some travel, including foreign travel.
- Work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Work independently, with little supervision.
- Develop a network, and know when to use it to get help.
- Ensure proper engineering discipline is applied to all designs.
- Provide the best technical solution within cost and schedule constraints.
- A Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience
- Experience with hardware, firmware, software, components, and/or subsystems.
- Experience in systems engineering, requirement development and/or requirement validation
- U.S Citizenship is required.
- Experience conveying advanced and/ or complex technical concepts, via written and oral, to engineers or managers, including government customers.
- Ten or more years' experience working with missiles or similar systems.
- Experience in detailed electrical hardware design.
- An understanding of how parts of an electronic subsystem interact.
- Have an engineer's curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow.
- Experience in integration and test of CCAs and firmware, and into higher-level assemblies.
- A current Top-Secret DoD security clearance.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks.
- A Master of Science degree in EE or Systems.
Required Education (including Major):
B.S degreerequired. Majors: Physics, Systems, Electrical Engineering, or related STEM degree.