Principal Structural Concrete Research Scientist
Tatum by Randstad
My client is working on a large government project that combines expertise in non-destructive testing, data acquisition and analysis, finite element analysis, and predictive statistical modeling for existing reinforced concrete structures. The Director of Applied Technologies will provide leadership to the teams with regards to reaching the goals and timelines defined by the SOW. The primary function and purpose of this role will be to lead a team in performing research in structural engineering, numerical analysis, and statistical methods on heavy civil infrastructure systems.
This is NOT about software application development but is focused on concrete, non-destructive testing, etc. Minimum of a Masters in Civil Engineering AND PE Certification to get an interview.
This role is based in the Raleigh-Durham area of NC with relo assist if needed.
- Perform Structural Engineering Analysis of civil infrastructure
- Client-facing skills are essential
- Ability to multitask, manage and engage with a wide range of clients and prospects throughout assigned range of responsibilities
- Communicate clearly with clients and colleagues both in writing and verbally
- Ability to effectively lead and manage multiple teams of highly skilled professionals with a variety of cultural backgrounds and styles
Requirements and other stuff:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Engineering Physics, Aerospace Engineering, or related Scientific discipline, required
- Professional Engineering (PE) or Structural Engineering (SE) licensure preferred
- Requires Active DOD Top Secret Clearance or ability to acquire within six months (Requires US Citizenship)
- Experience in performing scaled laboratory and full-scale field tests of concrete and steel structures (strongly preferred)
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to organize and efficiently analyze large sets of data
- Ability in analyzing experimental results, understanding modes of failure, and deriving decision rules that govern outcomes
- Six plus years’ experience in a project management or supervisory capacity
- Working knowledge of Finite Element Analysis software ANSYS and ABAQUS is a plus
- Ability to give direction and training to the staff
- Ability to influence, collaborate and negotiate with a variety of clients and internally both verbally and in writing
- $130K-$140K+ salary w/potential 20%+ bonus
- Excellent benefits
- Relocation assistance
A résumé is the best way to get this conversation started... fire away!