No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that
define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills,
innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Structures team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Stress Analyst based out of Bethpage, NY.
With Northrop Grumman, you will play a critical role in the development of products for the United States Navy. You will work with fellow engineers to solve the toughest challenges in the industry and deliver world-class performance.
- Develop component and system level finite element models using Hypermesh and post process analysis results using Hyperview, Matlab and Excel.
- Perform linear finite element static, vibration, modal and direct frequency response, and response spectra analyses using Nastran.
- Perform nonlinear static and transient finite element analyses using ABAQUS.
- Perform fatigue, fracture mechanics, weld, bolting, and buckling calculations.
- Bachelors of Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 5 or more years applicable experience; or a Masters of Science in relevant engineering discipline with 3 or more years applicable
- Experience in performing a wide variety of finite element analysis solution types
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience in developing large system level finite element models using a wide variety of element types
- Experience with the following software tools: NX, Hypermesh, Nastran, Abaqus, Matlab.