In this role, you will help evolve our go-to-market strategies and drive growth by leading andpartnering with our sales organization in both strategy and execution. You will have a tremendous impact in transforming our client’s business, and you will also play an important role in shaping OST’s future. This highly visible role will leverage your business knowledge, technical competence, outstanding communication and consultative sales capabilities in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment where we put our employees and their families first. This role is an ideal way to maximize the value of your successful career! To be considered for this role, you will be an enterprise-focused strategic, systemic, and conceptual thinker, with an awareness that allows you to see both a big-picture as well as a detailed view of a business problem when considering designing and presenting solutions. You will excel at building business and technical relationships with executives and you will be able to identify the core business problems organizations are trying to solve and connect and articulate technology with measurable business value. Just as important as being a visionary and strategist for our clients will be your ability to provide the same to our technical consulting teams. You’ll love to solve problems, and manage expectations, and you’ll pride yourself on a job well done.
- Evangelize the value of OST inside and outside the company by performing strategic business and financial analysis, problem framing, and strategic insights in support of opportunities. This includes participating in the development of the go-to-market strategies for our business transformation solutions offerings.
- Be the trusted advisor to clients, responsible for shaping discussion around business challenges, defining and presenting the optimal solution, and ensuring that the solution is transitioned to the appropriate technical delivery consultants.
- Leverage your expertise tosupport OSTAccount Executives andPrincipals in their efforts to achieve service and product sales and take ownership of assisting the teams to close deals. This may include;
- Identifying and framing the problem through the customer and business lens and then stewarding the delivery effort with the client POV in mind.
- Perform strategic business and financial analysis, problem framing, and strategic insights in support of opportunities.
- Leverage services, software, and infrastructure to design solutions to business problems for and to delight of our clients.
- Provide the overall vision of the project solution and be the link between the needs of the client and the technical and project management teams.
- Manage the relationship with clients and translate customer requirements into a formal statement of work.
- You will have deep verticalexperience, and continue to expand, your business transformation knowledge in some of the following ways:
- Stay close to industry and academic trends within the following disciplines: Design, Application Development, Data Analytics, and IoT/Connected Products practices.
- Contribute to support demand generation and thought leadership through executive presentations, blogs, webinars, speaking opportunities, whitepapers, etc.
- Provide strategic consulting services (estimated at 25% dependent on Principal demand). In most cases, these engagements are advisory roles to develop strategy, roadmaps, or help to codify the additional services that OST can engage in and implement. In some cases, this could be in the form of assessments, workshops to provide thought leadership, or help further define and design a solution.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships to understand their business, products, and positioning within the marketplace.
- Apply our guiding principles in all that you do: 1) Honor our employees and their families first, 2) Delight our clients, 3) Serve with humility, 4) Embrace entrepreneurism and innovation and 5) Commit to lifelong learning.
- Travel as much as 30% of the time
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience, demonstrated thought leadership, and hands-on working experience with any combination of business transformation solution areas: Strategy & Insights, Design Thinking, Application Development, Digital Experience, Data Analytics, and IoT/Connected Products.
- Proven track record of advising senior business decision makers with specific experiences in value selling, value engineering, or consulting experience. This includes strong strategy analysis skills and consultative selling approach with a good understanding of how technology supports the business success. Ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Demonstrated thought leadership skills in an area of specialization. Not limited to, this may include:
- Strategy and Insights through design thinking
- Application Development and associated experiences with delivery methodologies to bring a digitalexperience to life
- Architecture, Data Analytics, and IoT implementations that prove real world experience building connected products.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated success in consultative / complex sales processes with success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior customer executives that drive key decisions and implementation. Leveraging the expertise in your field to consistently bring thought leadership to the OST team and our clients.
- Minimum 5 years of experience successfully leading large integrated projects across multiple business and technology groups.
- Currently reside in and have built a strong professional network in the Twin Cities area
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, or related discipline / equivalent work experience. Master’s degreepreferred.